5 days RES/LOGPROD
- Production engineers and supervisors, drilling and workover engineers and supervisors, wellsite geologists and witnesses.
- This course provides a comprehensive knowledge of cased-hole logging techniques and production log interpretation, along with the industry’s best practices and procedures.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- acquire an insight into well cementation control, corrosion,
- determine the characteristics of formations behind the casing and reservoir saturation,
- carry out a quick interpretation of production logs.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Short lectures and videos completed with practical exercises and case studies.
Cement evaluation 1 day
- Acoustic measurements (CBL - VDL).
- Ultrasonic measurements (USIT - CASTV).
- Other logs (temperature, isolation scanner).
- Case studies, log examples.
Corrosion evaluation 1 day
- Origins of the corrosion process in the wells.
- Corrosion evaluation.
- Multi-finger Caliper.
- Electromagnetic and potential measurements.
- Ultrasonic logging.
Formation evaluation in cased hole (saturation) 1.5 days
- Logging tools for cased hole formation evaluation: spectral GR, sonic, resistivity, pressure & fluid sampling, density.
- Pulsed Neutron capture logs.
- Thermal decay time log.
- Thermal absorption log.
- Reservoir Saturation Tool.
- Interpretation: Time lapse technique - Gas detection.
- Determination of oil holdup and oil saturation.
- Reservoir performance monitor: gas view, fluid view - Case study.
Production logging 1.5 days
- Tools for acquisition of main parameters: caliper, flowmeter, gradiomanometer, manometer, temperature, holdup meter.
- Main characteristics (PVT) of the reservoir fluids (water, oil and gas).
- Production log record (case study).
- Determination of the fluid velocities and the fluid densities in the well.
- Pressure and temperature measurements.
- Flow characterization and modeling (Flow Scan Imager).
- Production log interpretation: interpretation of a set of production logs by hand and also with the EMERAUDE™ software (Kappa Engineering).