5 days PRO/HYDFRACE
- Drilling, completion or production engineers, supervisors, laboratory staff, not specialized in wellbore treatment.
- This course provides a comprehensive overview of hydraulic fracturing operations.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- identify the impact of fracturing parameters on well productivity,
- design hydraulic fracturing operations: materials, equipment and procedures used for fracturing,
- supervise the hydraulic fracturing operations,
- assess and measure the success of these operations.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Numerous videos and animations.
- Practical exercises.
See also the course “Wellbore Treatments” (E-455).
INTRODUCTION TO HYDRAULIC FRACTURING 0.5 day
- Productivity index, skin effect, flow efficiency.
- Damage in the formation and in the pack.
- Candidate selection.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCESS 0.5 day
- In situ stress, fracture orientation and fracture propagation.
- Different types of pressures: net pressure, tortuosity, friction.
- Fluid leak-off, slurry efficiency, dimensionless fracture conductivity.
FRACTURING FLUIDS, PROPPANTS & FRACTURE CONDUCTIVITY 1 day
- Types of fracturing fluids.
- Types of proppants.
- Fluid and proppant selection.
INPUT & FRACTURE DESIGN 1 day
- Requirement for fracture design.
- Fracture growth analysis.
- Hydraulic fracturing models.
EQUIPMENT & PLACEMENT TECHNIQUES 1 day
- Surface pumping equipment.
- Placement techniques in vertical and horizontal wells.
- Planning and executing operation.
FLOW BACK, FRACTURE MAPPING & POST-JOB ANALYSIS 0.5 day
- Flow back techniques: wellhead isolation tool, frac valve.
- Mapping: well test, tracer and micro-seismic.
- Post-job evaluation.
QUIZ, ASSESSMENT & FEEDBACK 0.5 day