5 days APD/AMT-E
- Engineers, technical managers and technicians from laboratories in plant and research centers.
- Engineers from the process and operation units in refining, petrochemical and engineering companies.
- Engineers involved in ensuring the quality of petroleum products.
- To improve technical knowledge pertaining to the choice of analyses, their implementation and the use of results.
- To identify the different techniques used in oil and petrochemical analysis.
- To point out their application fields and evolutions.
- To understand the analysis management principles.
Ways and means
- Laboratory study of analytical equipment.
Elementary analysis 0.25 day
- Analysis of the elements: C, H, O, N, S, Ni, V, etc.
- Potentiometric analysis, sulfur, nitrogen.
Spectrometry 2 days
- Presentation of the different techniques.
- Implementation of X-ray fluorescence (XRF).
- Implementation of Plasma (ICP).
- Implementation of atomic absorption (AA).
- Implementation of RMN, IR, UV techniques.
- Implementation of mass spectrometry (MS).
Separation technique 1.5 days
- Analytical and separating distillation.
- Gas chromatography (GC).
- Liquid chromatography (LC).
- Supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC).
- Gel permeation chromatography (GPC).
Combinations - Advantages - Implementation 0.5 day
- Combination PC-MS.
- Combination LC-MS.
- Combination GC-DEA (DiElectric thermal analysis).
Chromatography specific detectors 0.5 day
- Analysis sulfur and nitrogen.
Online analysis 0.25 day
- Gas analysis
- Sampling: quick loop.
- Injection problem.
- Validation of results.
- Applications to a catalytic reforming and hydrotreating gas.
- Liquid effluents
- Online injection system.
- Sulfur industrial analysis.
- NIR analysis.