10 days PRO/WELLPERF2E
- Reservoir, well performance or production engineers and technicians.
- This course provides the practical, comprehensive understanding and skills needed to master well performance and make significant contributions to field productivity studies and well performance monitoring.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- select the adequate reservoir, fluid properties, near-wellbore zone, well completion and facilities related to well performance design,
- select the remediation/stimulation and artificial lift methods,
- model, forecast, assess, troubleshoot and optimize well performance.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Use of the software program PROSPER™ (training license provided for the duration of the course).
- Short lectures alternating with hands-on sessions.
- Course ends with a 2-day integrated case study.
Introduction to production system 0.5 day
- Introduction to well performance nodal analysis: inflow/outflow.
- Overview of PROSPER™ software workflow:
- PROSPER™: building initial well system file.
PVT data/PVT modeling 0.5 day
- Oil & Gas PVT properties: bubble point, Bo, Rs, GOR, solids, …:
- PROSPER™: building PVT model.
Reservoir properties & reservoir-wellbore interface 0.5 day
- Reservoir rock & fluids: porosity, permeability, saturation, relative permeability, scales, corrosion.
- Reservoir behavior type.
- Pay zone drilling, completion (open hole, cased hole), perforating.
- Wellbore treatment: sand control, stimulations (acidizing, hydraulic fracturing).
Inflow performance/IPR modeling 1.5 days
- Flow in the reservoir: Productivity Index (PI), empirical Inflow Performance Relationship (IPR).
- Back pressure equation for gas wells.
- Global skin: formation damage, perforation, partial penetration, deviation:
- PROSPER™: IPR modeling exercise.
- Horizontal drains:
- PROSPER™: horizontal drain modeling.
Wellbore flow, outflow performance/VLP modeling 1 day
- Flow in the wellbore: pressure gradient and Vertical Lift Performance (VLP) curves.
- GLR, tubinghead pressure, tubing ID impacts.
- Monophasic vs. polyphasic flow: minimum flow rate/well loading:
- PROSPER™: tubing correlations, VLP modeling.
- Flow in a choke.
Well performance 1 day
- Well deliverability nodal analysis: inflow x outflow:
- PROSPER™: IPR + VLP natural flow well performance modeling, prediction and analysis vs. reservoir pressure, PI, GLR, BSW, tubing ID.
Artificial lift 3 days
- Gas lift: fundamentals, unloading procedure, surveillance and troubleshooting:
- PROSPER™: gas-lift design, prediction, analysis and diagnosis.
- Electrical Submersible Pump (ESP): components, design, problems:
- PROSPER™: ESP design, prediction, analysis and diagnosis.
- Rod pumping and jet pumps fundamentals.
- Comparison of the artificial lift methods.
Prosper™ case study 2 days
- Application of PROSPER™ to one comprehensive case study, from PVT modeling and matching, IPR + VLP building and matching, to natural flow performance and gas-lift design/performance prediction.