4 days IR/PRCONT
- Engineers and technical staff involved in the improvement of a plant process control.
- This course provides an overview of advanced technologies used to improve process control quality and efficiency.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- get a tool box with several APC technologies.
- select one of these technologies according to process challenges.
- estimate cost and benefit of APC (Advanced Process Control) implementation.
- Basic knowledge in instrumentation & process control.
Ways and means
- Case studies.
- Use of a process simulator.
CONVENTIONAL CONTROL LIMITATIONS 1 day
- Controlled, manipulated and anticipation variables.
- Step test. Transfer function.
- Performance criteria of a single control loop.
- Cascade and feed-forward control benefits.
- Tuning and limitation of PID controllers.
- PID controller tuning on process simulator.
- Debutanizer control improvements.
PREDICTIVE CONTROL: IMPROVE QUALITY OF PRODUCTS 1 day
- Inferential Control - Data Validation and Reconciliation (DVR).
- Model Predictive Control (MPC).
- Non Linear Control - Neural networks.
- Application: cases studies of typical usage in refining process.
MULTIVARIABLE CONTROL: IMPROVE PROCESS EFFICIENCY 1 day
- Multivariable Control - Dynamic Matrix Control (DMC).
- Real Time Optimizer (RTO).
- Examples of Architecture and project implementation.
- Application: decoupled controllers studied on process simulator.
APC PROJECT MANAGEMENT 1 day
- APC Project cost & benefit.
- APC Software & Hardware specification.
- Definition of project milestones.
- Application: APC project Front End Engineering Design.