4 days IR/PRCONT
- Engineers and technical staff involved in the improvement of process control.
- To get a broad vision of advanced technologies used to improve process control quality and efficiency.
- Get a tool box with several APC technologies.
- Be able to select one of these technologies according to process challenges.
- Estimate cost and benefit of APC (Advanced Process Control) implementation.
Ways and means
- Case studies.
- Use of a process simulator.
Conventional control limitations 1 day
- Controlled, manipulated and anticipation variables.
- Step test. Transfer function.
- Performance criteria of a single control loop.
- Cascade and feed-forward control benefits.
- Tuning and limitation of PID controllers.
- PID controller tuning on process simulator
- debutanizer control improvements.
Predictive control: improve quality of products 1 day
- Inferential Control - Data Validation and Reconciliation (DVR).
- Model Predictive Control (MPC).
- Non Linear Control - Neural networks.
- Application: cases studies of typical usage in refining process.
Multivariable control: improve process efficiency 1 day
- Multivariable Control - Dynamic Matrix Control (DMC).
- Real Time Optimizer (RTO).
- Examples of Architecture and project implementation.
- Application: decoupled controllers study on process simulator.
APC project management 1 day
- APC Project cost & benefit.
- APC Software & Hardware specification.
- Definition of project milestones.
- Application: mini APC project Front End Engineering Design.
Multivariable control 0.75 day
- Basics of Mutivariable Control.
- Architecture and implementation (Step Test, tools, etc.).
- Application: decoupled controllers.