5 days FLU/CIM2E
- Engineers, supervisors involved in cementing programs.
- This course aims a deepen the understanding and develop the skills needed to design efficiently a cementing program.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- acquire a detailed knowledge of the different cementing techniques,
- address special cases: liner, highly deviated wells, gas zones,
- design a full cementing program for a real typical case,
- assess the quality of a cementing job.
- Course E-443 “Cementing Practices”, or equivalent practical experience, is highly recommended.
Ways and means
- Teamwork on a project.
TECHNIQUES & JOB PROCEDURES 1.5 days
- Cementing program.
- Job planning and preparation:
- Casing running.
- Selection of the fluids and flows.
- Cementing calculations.
- Primary, surface, multistage, liner cementing.
- Cement plugs.
CEMENT & SLURRIES 1 day
- Cement chemistry.
- Special slurries and additives.
- Formulation and laboratory tests.
- Displacement in eccentered annulus.
- Salt zone and temperature problems.
SPECIAL CASES 0.5 day
- Gas zone cementing.
- Deviated and horizontal wells cementing.
- Remedial techniques.
CEMENTING PROJECT 1 day
- Design of a whole well cementing job.
EVALUATION OF THE CEMENTING JOB 1 day
- Principles and interpretation of the cement logs:
- Sonic (CBL - VDL).
- Ultrasonic (USIT).
- Logs analysis on a real case.